Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Wednesday-12/13 Tidbits

A coworker asked me if I wanted to go to a show tomorrow night in Boston.  She is possibly with an extra ticket and thought I might be interested.  I was so surprised at the invitation I am not sure if I responded as positively as I felt.  At the same time, I am fighting this cold, I should make sure she is aware before we end up in a car together for any period of time.  😉

In 7th grade Science the teacher used pictures of aliens and emoticons for the students to classify as we begin to learn about taxonomy.  Some of them figured it out, others we will need to work with more.  After school on Monday-Thursday the 4 teachers take turns staying after for students who need extra time to work on things.  Today I stayed too and tried to help out a bit.  For me, it is volunteer time.  The thing is, when I decided to apply for this job I knew that helping the kids to succeed would be important to me.  What I didn't expect is that there isn't always time during the day to help all the students that are struggling.  So if I want to stay an hour later a couple times a week I can, as a volunteer.  Hopefully this will mean that I will see progress, because that is what counts.

Crash Courses with Hank Green is just too much fun.  I know I have linked other episodes here before, this one is about Fungus.  🍄

Happy for today is Heather scritches. 🠇





No comments:

Post a Comment