Friday, December 29, 2017

The 29th of December

Cleaning happened today!  So a fairly productive day.  Cleaned up some of the kitchen and my daughter worked on a new gown for me.  I went through a few boxes.  There is a complete set of Popular Mechanics Home Handyman books from 1961.  So much information.  At first glance they seemed like they would be very out of date and I am sure they are in some respects but the amount of information in them...  Things like how to build a pool, or a pool table; the best time of year to maintain parts of a house; tool use and maintenance; everything about radios of the time.  A perfect bunch of books to bury for after the apocalypse.  😉

There is a box with pictures that I went through as well.  More like scrap books actually.  There were pictures and wedding invitations, baby and graduation announcements.  One album was of my grandmother's retirement with newspaper clippings and pictures from her years as a school cafeteria worker and manager. 

These are all good things but my happy for today is the container half full of papers to burn.  Hopefully there will be more to add to that tomorrow.  Downsizing is the goal, I most likely won't be able to part with photo albums, but old paperwork is gone. 

☮☮

No comments:

Post a Comment