Thursday, December 21, 2017

Happy Winter Solstice!!

It was ugly sweater day at work today.  I wore a holiday sweatshirt that I inherited from my grandmother that I don't particularly care for-it is just a little busy.  It got compliments.  There was a faculty meeting that the para-educators were invited to that turned out to be a holiday party.  It was actually a lot of fun.  There were some silly games and prizes and lots of food.  I have some pretty grandiose ideas for a Christmas outfit for next year if I decide to stay.  How many different holidays from different cultures are in December??

After dinner my daughter and I did some grocery and Christmas shopping before the storm predicted for tomorrow.  We had fun.  It was a pretty good day.  My happy for today could also be considered a sad.  On the way home from shopping we stopped at Dairy Queen for some ice cream  (because 20 degrees Fahrenheit isn't cold enough?).  When the lady on the other side of the ordering speaker asked if we wanted anything else my daughter just said something like: just for you to have a happy holiday season.  The employee thanked her, sounding happy, and had us pull up to the window.  When we got there 2 people were at the window and they explained that this was the first time anyone had wished ANY of the employees a happy holiday yet this season.  It was really nice to have been part of that, also kind of sad for the employees.  They gave us free extra toppings on out sundaes. 
Sunset







No comments:

Post a Comment