Tuesday, December 19, 2017

It's My Birthday.

Since toady is my birthday I decided to try a different route to get home.  Figuring that it wouldn't take too much extra time I took a right and headed for the back roads instead of  left toward the highway.  The GPS rerouted and all seemed to be well.  Then the road became dirt.  There was a sign that said 'Pavement Ends' even.  I saw a nice farm with random foul in the street.  The GPS didn't suggest I turn around.  Soon the road sort of ended.  Just a pile of dirt and snow the plow left from the snow last week.  So I turned around and went back to the highway.  It was a nice little adventure for my birthday.  Other daytime highlights include a present of earrings from a a coworker, some texts and bunches of birthday wishes on Facebook and a nice conversation with my son in Texas.  🎔

At home I finished watching The Force Awakens and then we headed to the theater to watch Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  We all enjoyed it.  My daughter was pretty much at the edge of her seat the majority of the movie.  For whatever reason, I don't tend to become as emotionally invested in movies as many other people do.  This is not to say that I didn't laugh and cry at the appropriate times, just that I rarely enter into a movie as deeply as others.  When I try to figure why I can't quite put a finger on it.  I want to blame it on being in Hollywood for a while and seeing some behind the scenes sort of stuff, or at least talking about it, and that some of the magic was lost for me.  However, even as a kid I'm not sure I really attached myself to one character, book, show to the extent that others did.  I remember a bunch of friends crushing on Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond and I chose one of them just to seem more normal but I just didn't get it.  I was probably 6 or 7 though.  Eventually I did get it to an extent.  I loved The Donny and Marie Show.  I'm not sure how much I crushed for Donny or if it was wanting to sing like Marie!  Enough rambling. 

After the movie we went out for ice cream and met Gideon with his other grandparents who had been watching him while we were at the movie.  We had a nice visit and end to my birthday.  All in all a good day and it was a happy birthday.

Sunrise

 Farm fowl

🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 🕯 



No comments:

Post a Comment