Saturday, December 23, 2017

December 23-Saturday

This morning my daughter told me that there is supposed to be a snow storm on Christmas.  I have been planning to hike part of the day and she doesn't want me to because of the snow.  There are 10-11 miles that I have planned out on rail trails that will have to wait.  Most likely I will not go hiking but I am hoping to still walk around the city some.  Unfortunately she is most likely right about not doing the rail trails with the weather bad.  I still haven't found all of my winter things that could be useful in the snow.  I was also relying on them to drop me off and pick me up and don't want to be the reason they are on the road.  There will still be driving, but it won't be because I am cold and wet on the side of the road and someone is rushing to get to me.

Several years ago (sometimes it feels like a different lifetime) I lived in Texas.  There is one friend that we try to call each other around this time of year.  She called me on my birthday and left a message and so I texted her yesterday on her birthday and called her tonight.  Almost 2.5 hours later and my cheeks are sore from laughing so much.  I really should try to get to Texas sometime.  Catching up with old friends is my happy for today.


Poor pictures of the ice and snow tonight.
I was the passenger.


No comments:

Post a Comment