Saturday, December 16, 2017

Friday the 15th

Last night we arrived a little late to Celtic Sojourn because of traffic.  It was a great show.  The theater was beautiful.  There were songs and music, dancing and stories.  Very well put together.  The late night made for a tired work day today.   School was shortened due to a power outage, add that to Friday and the upcoming holiday made things kind of off today.  I am very happy the weekend is here.

When going to my retail job today a new thing kept coming into my mind... well, this it the last time I will be in this store looking for this item for this job.  I have 2 jobs due tomorrow and one that I will work on Sunday and Monday then that is it.  I am looking forward to leaving my para-educator job and going home instead of off to another job.  It is quite possible that finances will prove that I need a second job, but I think I will have a few weeks.  Maybe enough to downsize myself out of the big storage unit.  

This came across my Facebook feed today.  Language warning.  Much of this resonates with the 7th grader in me.  Not all of it, but a bunch.  Next week I will be 53.  Working as a 7th grade para-educator, that insecure 7th grader in me that never completely left but that I thought I had graduated from, seems to want to resurface.  My goal is to use this to help me empathize with these kids that are close to 2 generations removed from me. 

My happy for today is what I stated earlier, the weekend is here.  This cold I have been fighting is not responding as well to the medicine I have been taking and I need a break.  Sleeping in will be a good thing.  I'll get the other work I need to do done and try to recover the rest of the weekend.  Yes, sleep will be good.






No comments:

Post a Comment