Sunday, December 24, 2017

Happy Christmas Eve

When my children were very young my now ex-husband and I started a tradition of giving them a Christmas book that they could open on Christmas Eve.  This gave us good holiday reading material before bed.  We wrote something inside and dated them.  My daughter has continued with the tradition.  I believe she never stopped it, that even before they had Gideon they exchanged a Christmas book on Christmas Eve.  Two years ago (maybe 3) she wrote a Christmas book for her husband.  Today after all the wrapping and last minute Christmas gift making and such we sat down to open a few gifts and the Christmas Eve books.  This year my book is Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas by Russell Hoban.  As stated in my December 8th post, this is one of my favorite Christmas movies.  I had never read the book and I am looking forward to finishing it tonight before I go to sleep.  I cried when I opened it.  This is today's happy.

The inscription:

I cut some of her hair this morning. 


The tiniest present.↴
 A key.↴





🌎

No comments:

Post a Comment