Saturday, December 16, 2017

The 16th of December

Greetings!  It was a Saturday morning and I slept in followed by letting this cold have its way with me for a while.  In the early afternoon I started doing things to get ready for work and the cold seemed to fade into the background for a while.  It was a nice reprieve but as the day wore on it started to return, mostly the cough.  Tomorrow maybe there will be more improvement. 

This retail job has me looking for particular items in a store.  There are certain things that for one reason or another I have a difficult time remembering where they are kept.  This week whenever I ran across one of those items and would think to myself that I really should try to remember its location, things were different.  This time I began that thought and ended it with the realization that I don't need to commit that to memory.  There are things that it is nice to know where they are in the store, that bread crumbs are merchandised in some stores with the pasta and others somewhere else can be useful.  Knowing where the cheapest milk is can be useful too.  But knowing the first 6 digits of certain companies UPC is something I hope I don't take to my grave.  😂  So this week with each different store I feel like I have been saying goodbye-a good goodbye.

On the way back to where I am staying I stopped off at home and got to see Gideon and his dad for a few minutes.  I think Gideon was very much in a 'spend time with dad' mode today.  He got to see Santa today and learned about Snap Circuits at a Boy Scout thing.  The Snap Circuits look much nicer than the cardboard breadboard I taught my son circuits with.  He has asked for them for Christmas.  I look forward to learning them with him.  I'm not sure if he will get any for Christmas, but I will be surprised if he doesn't get some eventually.  Getting to see Gideon is my happy for today.  That and that I think I am starting to finally get into the Christmas season a bit.  🎅



No comments:

Post a Comment