Friday, September 29, 2017

September 29th

Last week I wrote about Gideon & I going for a walk and that we ended up on a different trail then I had hoped for.  Today, after dropping Gideon off at school, my daughter and I walked a little way on that trail.  It is a beautiful paved trail.  I have a memory from my early childhood about a trail being made that would run alongside the length of highway 89 in NH.  I have seen pieces of it occasionally when I would drive on 89 and I have found parts of it and walked about 20 feet on it once just to say I had.  Today my daughter and I went a little over a mile in and then returned.  We went as far as the bridge that crosses the connection between the Turkey Ponds.  The trail doesn't run alongside the entire highway.  According to the map, it actually stops shortly passed the bridge.  There are more sections, but I don't know them yet. 

We enjoyed the walk.  Today the weather was just a little brisk and rather nice for walking.  After the walk I puttered a bit and got ready for work.  Gideon came home and then left with his other grandparents to go to the Fair.  After work I went to the Fair and took over the watching of Gideon.  We mostly just wandered around.  He got in all the rides he could during the ride for one price time before I got there.  I bumped into a few people I know.  I kind of expected I would see some students, but didn't.  One friend of a cousin that is super nice,  a different cousin and her cousin, a friend of my son and a friend from the SCA who works there every year.  There was food and music and shops with fair merchandise.  Displays of things and long lines for the restrooms. 

The fair was busy and we had sore feet but it is also big and I lost track of time.  We ended up missing the Michaelmas get together that a friend holds every year.  Gideon's parents went though and brought us back some goose to eat.  Here is a link about Michaelmas

Finally getting onto that trail today is my happy.  It is something I have always wanted to do and so I have also just added it to my Bucket List

A berry that is blue.

Trail

Blurry picture, because we were moving. 

Bridge









Gideon & I at the fair.  He wanted nachos for dinner-so he is my Nacho Man. ♫





No comments:

Post a Comment